In early June, work began on the East-West Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Milwaukee County’s planned 9-mile, regional, modern transit service connecting major employment, education and recreation destinations through downtown Milwaukee, Milwaukee’s Near West Side, Marquette University, Wauwatosa and the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center.
Stations will be constructed from west to east, beginning with the following stations:
· Watertown Plank Road Park & Ride
· 92nd Street and Connell Avenue (northbound and southbound)
· 95th Street and Bluemound Road (northbound and westbound)
· Bluemound Road and Glenview Avenue (eastbound and westbound)
· Bluemound Road and 76th Street (westbound)
Initial work will include erosion control, saw-cutting, and pavement removal. Some lane and sidewalk closures are anticipated during construction. Alternate routes will be posted to get around the closures.The construction team will stay in touch with adjacent property owners and businesses via mailing of regular project updates, the project website, social media and media alerts.